I finished my dresser DIY project! I'm borderline obsessed with the finished product. My dream for a storage piece for the living room was 1. drawers, 2. yellow. I realized after far too much online research that this perfect piece didn't exist. I kept an eye out for moving sales and found this gem (in a very different state) for $50.
Multiple sandings, three coats of paint, two coats of varnish, and a super-fun contact paper for the drawers...and this is what I ended up with. It was a labor of love but well worth the naptime and post-bedtime free time.
If you're interested in taking on a similar project of your own, I found this website really helpful through the process.