Trader Joe's made real meals for their samples instead of just warming up one of their frozen products? I do. I miss those days.
This is one of the recipes I got during a shopping trip years ago. It's a goodie and so so simple.
- 1.3 lbs (approx) chicken, cut into small chunks
- Italian seasoning
- 1 large jar of salsa (on the runnier side, I use Pace Picante)
- Noodles of your choice (I use whole wheat penne)
- Parmesan cheese
- Coat chicken with Italian seasoning.
- Sauté chicken with a little olive oil over medium heat until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a pot of boiling water.
- After straining the pasta, stir in the salsa.
- Add the cooked chicken to the pasta and stir.
- Let the pasta/chicken cool. Serve room temperature with Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.
It was a crowd pleaser at our house tonight: Robbe had three servings.