Another long, low key recovery day here. Unlike yesterday, though, we had a lovely evening spent with good friends and delicious chili.
Interested in the yummy recipe that Chris has been honing over the last several years? You're in luck! He is willing to share it:
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can light kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can dark kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 15 oz cans of tomato sauce (or two big cans)
- 2 10 oz cans of diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1-2 cups of frozen corn
- Chili powder, ground cumin, paprika to taste
- Saute the onion in olive oil.
- Add the turkey and minced garlic, sprinkle with chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper, and cook until browned.
- Add the remaining ingredients and additional seasoning to taste. Simmer on low until you are ready to eat (we usually cook for about two hours).