Nothing gets me in the holiday spirit (even if it's a bit early) like Chex Mix. The smell of it cooking + the taste immediately bring me back to my grandma and grandpa's house on Christmas Eve where the only thing more anticipated than the gifts was my mom's Chex Mix (and Aunt Pam's cutout cookies, obviously).
When I had to come up with a contribution to Chase's school bake sale, this salty treat immediately popped in my head. I hope others love it as much as we do!
The Best Chex Mix
- 4 cups Corn Chex cereal
- 5 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 1 cup stick pretzels
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Heat oven to 250°F. In ungreased large roasting pan, melt butter in oven. Stir in seasonings. Gradually stir in remaining ingredients until evenly coated.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on paper towels to cool, about 15 minutes. Store in airtight container.
If I had my way, I'd add Wheat Chex to this mix (three cups of each kind), but the people have spoken and Wheat Chex are not a welcome addition.