I know you know a lot about what’s going on in our lives, but I realized that there are some pretty big updates about myself that I haven’t shared on here—mostly because I don’t have a photo to go with them, not because I’m withholding information.
A FEW LIFE UPDATES FROM A 35 YEAR OLD
- I’ve started taking private pilates sessions. It’s pretty amazing. And expensive. But amazing nonetheless.
- I’ve learned how to successfully soften butter in the microwave. It comes up more than you would think.
- I can see. I had Lasik eye surgery about three months ago. Waking up in the morning and being able to see is crazy. Real crazy.
- I still really like cats. We don’t own one, but I think that only fuels my fire.
- My parallel parking skills remain intact. After honing this skill in DC, I’m happy to report that I’ve still got it. I have to work harder to seek out tough parallel parking challenges, but that makes it even sweeter.
- Back pain? Still there. I continue to have hope, though.
- I really like oat milk lattes. Specifically, oat milk lattes from the coffee shop a block from our house. Handy, right?
- I still hate making bunkbeds. It’s been two years and it’s not any easier/less of an acrobatic feat. There has to be an easier option.
My birthday involved a lot of time inside and more sick snuggles than I would have hoped for, but it’s been a good day. I got to craft a bit, I spent a lot of time with family, and enjoyed a yummy bday dinner and desert with some lovely gifts. In reality, this was a pretty good representation of what life is like these days. I’m present enough to appreciate that.