Our delicious family tradition recently has been enjoying whole wheat pancakes on the weekends.
I've been honing my pancake recipe for awhile now and finally stopped tweaking. My goal? Yummy whole wheat + sugar free pancakes. We serve with fruit instead of syrup. You won't miss the sugar at all!
Whole Wheat Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 4 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 TBSP applesauce
- Sift together flour, oats, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Beat together eggs, milk, orange juice, and honey in a separate bowl. (I've successfully used only one bowl by mixing these wet ingredients first and then just adding the dry ingredients one at a time. Both options work.)
- Preheat skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Serve with mixed berries.