What a perfect day for a trip to St. Paul to see some of our favorite people and visit the Minnesota State Fair (a first for us!).
The weather couldn't have been better, the three boys handled the chaos (and sugar) of the fair like champs, and man did we accomplish all the goals we set for our short visit.
A few highlights:
- Racing vegetable cars down a ramp.
- Viewing the seed art
- Petting several baby animals
- Meeting the 1200 pound pig
- Walking through the 4-H buildings (favorite exhibits include an art piece of cats made out of rocks and a diorama entitled "Humanity's Worst Day" as scene by an elementary-age child...it was dark)
- Taking a trip down the giant slide
- The food. Oh, the food. In a period of about 3.5 hours our group managed to eat the following: apple cider freeze pops, roasted sweet corn, cheese curds, corn dogs, mini donuts, pretzel-wrapped hot dogs, ice cream cones, and a snow cone.
Well done, team.
To top it off, we got back to our friends' house in time for Robbe to nap (which he did instantly) and some quality low-key hang out time before we ate a yummy dinner and hit the road to head home.
Today might just be in the running for best day ever. :)